So to eliminate confusion, I have decided to raise the bar for application. The Member's List will no longer be updated, and you must be Level 45 or above to apply. Also, the Member's list will only include the in-game members so it will be easier to update. All members currently on the Members List will be removed and replaced with members of the in-game guild. I am mainly doing this because the Members List has grown too large for me to regularly update, and most of the members on that list are inactive. If you were previously on the Members List and were removed, just send in a new application. With that in mind, I am also updating the application. Here is the new updated application.
AQW Character Name:
Character Level (Minimum 45):
BattleOn Forum Username/Email:
What You Can Contribute to the Clan's Cause:
What You Hope to Gain from Joining the Clan:
About Yourself (Hobbies, Pet Peeves, etc.):
Here is an application guide written by Watashig, a member of the Knights of Oblivion. I tweaked it to fit with the context of our clan.
- Presentation is key. It's useful in more than just an application in this guild; it'll be needed if you try to apply for a job, college, etc. What do I mean by presentation? Take your time to format your post. Make sure it's grammatically correct and free of spelling errors. We aren't expecting 100% perfection and marking things off for minor errors, but try to make yourself appear eloquent. Even running things through spell check is nice.
- Using the correct format with the bold codes and the labels in the application, such as "AQW Character Name" and "Noteworthy Details," helps add to your presentation. Every little bit showing that you care and want to take the time to write your application helps your chances.
- Don't look like a kiss-ass. You might be able to get away with it subtly, but it might work against you.
- Make yourself unique, standing out from the other applicants. Take your time to think about why we should select you to join, instead of other people. Be careful not to look to arrogant, however.
- None of these are requirements, but considering this might just improve your chances of joining us. Best of luck to you!