As you may have noticed, I have updated the Members List. I currently only have the members who are currently registered on the in-game guild. I also do understand that there has been some confusion over the new ranks. Here is a guide to the ranks that can also be found on the Clan Forum Page.
- Lord of the Elites: This title is MINE, MINE, ALL MINE!!! Also the equivalent of "Leader" in the AQW Guild Panel
- Clan Official:
A higher ranked Clan Warlord who has the ability to handle inter-clan
relations and dealing with issues within the clan itself. With my
approval, of course.
- Clan Warlord: The equivalent of "Officer" in the AQW Guild Panel
- Elite Undead: The equivalent of "Member" in the AQW Guild Panel
In addition, all the ShadowCoins I have previously issued have been stored in "The Dark Vault" due to the fact that the ShadowCoin is becoming worthless. The ShadowCoin Shop is also being closed until further notice.
Finally, an idea contributed by one of our Clan Officials, Legion Slicer Silencer/ComputerDragon5, will be implemented. The idea was to have a "Featured Elite of the Month," where each month a member of the guild would be given the award until next month, unless you win it again the next month. Deciding who should be given the award, however, proved to be difficult. Yesterday, I had a "Clan Development Session" with LSS, Khyara, Tksukumi, Millsart, and Uros95 where we decided how to decide that. After some debating (among other things), we decided that I would put up a poll with the name of each clan member who was with the guild at the beginning of that month. The idea of the poll is to leave the voting up to the anyone that visits the clan site to eliminate the bias of Clan Officials/Leaders. Along those lines, I also did not include myself in the nominations to eliminate the voice of suck-ups and kiss asses. And yes, I am aware that you can vote for yourself and that you can get your friends to vote for you. But, I highly encourage you to vote for someone you think has truly made great contributions to the clan this month, whether it be donations, recruiting new members, advertizing the clan, etc. If you do think that you made the most contributions out of all the other nominees, then vote for yourself. Since February 1st, 2013 has passed, I will start the poll today.
- Lord Thanatos
Tuesday, February 5, 2013
So to eliminate confusion, I have decided to raise the bar for application. The Member's List will no longer be updated, and you must be Level 45 or above to apply. Also, the Member's list will only include the in-game members so it will be easier to update. All members currently on the Members List will be removed and replaced with members of the in-game guild. I am mainly doing this because the Members List has grown too large for me to regularly update, and most of the members on that list are inactive. If you were previously on the Members List and were removed, just send in a new application. With that in mind, I am also updating the application. Here is the new updated application.
AQW Character Name:
Character Level (Minimum 45):
BattleOn Forum Username/Email:
What You Can Contribute to the Clan's Cause:
What You Hope to Gain from Joining the Clan:
About Yourself (Hobbies, Pet Peeves, etc.):
Here is an application guide written by Watashig, a member of the Knights of Oblivion. I tweaked it to fit with the context of our clan.
- Presentation is key. It's useful in more than just an application in this guild; it'll be needed if you try to apply for a job, college, etc. What do I mean by presentation? Take your time to format your post. Make sure it's grammatically correct and free of spelling errors. We aren't expecting 100% perfection and marking things off for minor errors, but try to make yourself appear eloquent. Even running things through spell check is nice.
- Using the correct format with the bold codes and the labels in the application, such as "AQW Character Name" and "Noteworthy Details," helps add to your presentation. Every little bit showing that you care and want to take the time to write your application helps your chances.
- Don't look like a kiss-ass. You might be able to get away with it subtly, but it might work against you.
- Make yourself unique, standing out from the other applicants. Take your time to think about why we should select you to join, instead of other people. Be careful not to look to arrogant, however.
- None of these are requirements, but considering this might just improve your chances of joining us. Best of luck to you!